Monday, March 12, 2012

Objective 2 Headphone Amplifier


As I write this, I am listening to 'Brothers in Arms' using my AKG Q701 headphones along with a newly built Objective 2 Amp. nwavguy (nwavguy.blogspot.com) is the one who designed this amp.
It took a while for me to get this built. I totally screwed it up the first time I tried the board assembly. The mistake was soldering a voltage regulator in the wrong orientation. Trying to remove the component and then fix the board ultimately resulted in a total PCB destruction and a lot of frustration. After ordering a new PCB and all the components once again, I started on this and this time it was completed without a hitch. Total build time was close to 5 hours. Here are some pictures:

Partially-populated board:




Completed- Front view

Comparison with iPhone

With AKG Q701s


No comments:

Post a Comment